Are you looking for a router that will extend your WiFi signal range? If you said “yes,” you’ll land on the right page. You will learn the one and only way to fast increase a router’s WiFi signal range on this page. in a short period of time without encountering any difficulties. As a result, please take time to study the information below carefully.
Unbox The Linksys RE6800 Gadget
You will receive the Linksys RE6800 extender when you open the box. The Linksys RE6800 extender device also includes this extender. There will be two antennas on either side of the device when we talk about it. Near the right antenna are the WPS and reset buttons. Also, you will find instructions about how to do Linksys extender login & setup in the manual booklet included in this product.
Things You Will Need To Configure Your Linksys Gadget
- You need an existing router and a working internet connection.
- Therefore, Your Linksys router must support the WPS button.
- Requires a power outlet for electricity.
- Obtain a WiFi-enabled device like a laptop, smartphone, or similar gadget.
- The right ethernet cable is necessary for the best-wired connection.
Access The Linksys RE6800 Device
- Put the Linksys RE6800 extender unit in the wall socket after taking it from the box.
- After that, the power LED starts to blink steadily.
- Your Linksys extender network should now be accessible by the WiFi device.
- Later, open the browser on the PC and type extender.linksys.com into the address bar.
- After that, enter the necessary login information and select the login option. in order to finish the Linksys extender login procedure.
You can successfully complete the Linksys RE6800 setup procedure after completing the Linksys extender login process.
Configure Your Linksys RE6800 By WPS
We already said that your router needs to support the WPS button. When using this technique.
- Connect the power plug for the Linksys extender RE6800 to the outlet.
- Push the Linksys RE6800 extender’s WPS button right away, and then push the router’s WPS button after 20 seconds.
- The WPS LED starts solidly blinking after doing this.
- As it means, your both gadgets connect successfully.
Configuration Via Linksys App
- Open the Google Play store on a linked mobile device first.
- Now look for and download the Linksys application.
- Open the application after that and complete the necessary fields.
- Last but not least, the connection type will afterward be automatically determined by the device.
Setup Your Gadget Through Web UI
- The Linksys WiFi range extender must first be connected to the computer.
- Visit the Linksys WiFi range extender online control page after that. by typing extender.linksys.com, the default web address, into the address box.
- On your computer screen, the Linksys RE6800 setup page will now appear.
- Later, complete the information requested on the Linksys extender login page.
- The choice to search for your wireless network will also be activated when the wireless range extender option is chosen.
- Check to see if it displays the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands for frequencies.
- Lastly, hit that network at the very end and input the password.
As a result, the extender successfully sets up text to appear on your computer’s screen. It indicates that the Linksys RE6800 setup completes successfully.
Resolve The Errors Of Linksys RE6800
After configuring your Linksys extender, are you experiencing connection problems? If the answer is yes, don’t worry; use the below troubleshooting advice to solve any problems.
Location Of The Linksys RE6800 Gadget
The center is the best location for a home or office to receive powerful WiFi signals from extenders. Make sure to keep the Linksys repeater away from anything metallic. metal equipment, such as microwaves and refrigerators. The WiFi signals from the extender and router are all absorbed by these different objects.
Upgrade The Firmware Of Linksys Device
For the most recent software update, visit the Linksys extender web administration page. Once you’ve found the network administration option, choose the software upgrade option. Now, install any software you see on your computer using the most recent version. The Linksys RE6800 extender must be restarted to complete the firmware upgrade process.
Reset The Linksys WiFi Repeater
On the Linksys RE6800 extender, the reset hole button is located close to the right antenna. With the aid of a paperclip, push the button to reset your all default settings. The LEDs on the RE6800 extender will be off as a result. It indicates that the device has now successfully reset.
Note: Perform the Linksys RE6800 setup process again after resetting the extender.
Verify the Linksys RE6800 extender is operating properly now. Get in touch with us if it’s still not working. If you have a Linksys Velop or any other device from the company in your house. You can ping our team if you need help with the Linksys Velop setup or login details.